Created in 1923 by Jorge Loring this aviation company developed autogiros. Then, under the name of Aeronautica Industrial SA, the company produced fixed wings and came to helicopter activities in the sixties. In 1995, the company was taken over by CASA.
January 1923: Autogiro De La Cierva.
In 1922, the Spanish engineer Juan de La Cierva was in the final
development stage of an autogyro: an airplane whose wings were
replaced by a free-spinning rotor, which was entirely driven by the
speed of the forward propeller.